During the past couple of weeks, autumn has arrived in Scotland. The display of colour is typically more subtle here than in the States, but it is no less beautiful. These are some photos I took this morning when David and I went for a relaxing stroll down the Forth & Clyde Canal path, which is just 5 minutes walk from our house.
These roses are in our front garden. And no, they are not a product of my (non-existent) gardening skills!
It's been a quiet weekend here. :-) I'm now able to find my way to, around, and from the supermarkets by myself and can do the shopping without having to drag poor David along with me! Amusingly enough, we have found that shopping together can sometimes be one of the most challenging and stressful parts of newly married life, but we're getting better at it. :-)
Today I spent several hours baking banana bread -- three loaves of it, so that I can take some along to Inverness next week as thank-you gifts to dear friends. I have varied between washing piles of dishes and making food, which then creates more dishes to be washed, and then another round of food to be made, and more dishes, to infinity and beyond. . . That's the story of my life. :-) David, meanwhile, has diligently locked himself away in his study for the past few days, preparing sermons. He is preaching twice tomorrow in Shettleston.
5 Your mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
6 Your righteousness is like the great mountains;
Your judgments are a great deep;
O LORD, You preserve man and beast.
7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
9 For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
6 Your righteousness is like the great mountains;
Your judgments are a great deep;
O LORD, You preserve man and beast.
7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
9 For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.
Psalm 36:5-9

Hi Katie!
ReplyDeleteHow's life?! :)
nice pictures.
ReplyDeleteHey! I love what you said about your gardening skills!! Ha ha
ReplyDeletemore than I can say.
ReplyDelete