Wednesday, 29 December 2010

crunch time

We've booked tickets for Zambia!

We're moving on the 9th of February.

That's 41 days away.

Of those 41 days. . .

18 will be spent in the States.

4 are Lord's Days.

Which means that only 19 days remain in which we can finish all our packing and all our preparations.  Finish working out all the logistics of international shipping of our belongings.  Finish making all the purchases here and in the States of all the miscellany that needs to be toted to Africa with us.  Finish cleaning the house.  Finish pulling all my hair out.  Finish going stir-crazy.

Ahem. 

And of those 19 days. . . one will be taken up by our open-house this Saturday (which I still need to do all the baking and cleaning for).  And one will be taken up by David's ordination on the 28th of January.  And that leaves us with 17.

SEVENTEEN DAYS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Eek! I feel for you, but I feel your excitement too. May God bless you in these few days, and bless you as you make this huge move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, we haven't met properly but I was hoping to introduce myself to you at church on New Years Day, only a grumpy teething one year old meant I didn't really get the chance! He's much happier now though :0)

    Anyway, I'm Kirsteen, I think your husband knows my husband Andy, and I'm sure you know my parents-in-law, the Murrays. I've been thinking of you all as you make this big move. Our family will be uprooting this year and moving north where Andy is now working, which seems like a big enough step to me, so I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now.

    It is good to know that with God everything will work out perfectly though. Somehow you will manage to get everything done!

    ReplyDelete