Saturday, 15 May 2010

Yesterday was my man's birthday!  We didn't do much to celebrate because he has been so focused on studying, but I made him a special birthday dinner (orange chicken - a family favorite) and his favorite dessert, strawberry rhubarb crumble.  Yum!  We are planning a proper birthday celebration later in the month while Sarah is here, after David finishes his exams and has some time to relax.  :)

David did end up going to the A&E this week to have the abscess on his neck lanced, so we are praying that it heals quickly now.  He went back this morning for a follow-up appointment and has another follow-up appointment scheduled for Tuesday, just to make sure that the inflammation is subsiding and the wound is closing properly.  This medical condition has definitely shifted David's plans (he had to cancel his preaching engagement this weekend and he will only be attending part of the General Assembly in Edinburgh next week) but we are praying for the Lord's sustaining grace and strength as he continues to prepare for his upcoming final exams and finishing his discourses.  It's been difficult for him to concentrate due to the pain and discomfort, along with the mental fatigue and general strain of being on medications for weeks now.

Everything is going well with baby.  :)  My midwife has no concerns about the baby's size, but she's going to book me for a growth scan next week anyway, just to give us both peace of mind and confirmation that everything's okay. . . because I've been getting so many comments about how small I am, and she just wants to be sure that her midwifery instincts that everything is okay are correct. I would appreciate your prayers that everything would continue to go smoothly!

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I am reading your blog and I know others are t oo .Happy belated birthday greetings to your man . Hope he is feeling better now from the abs. Your blog has been a joy for me to read. After the baby comes you may not have much time to be on the computer, but I hope you will keep on . Your baby bump photo is beautiful. Your Mom is so excited about coming in June and Sarah will be a great help to you. Let us know how your scan results are.Praying for you sweet sister and your David. Hugs and much love. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were you, I wouldn't complain about being 'small and neat'! I am five foot tall....not a mm more, and I was HUGE with my pregnancies. Can you imagine being this small and t-h-a-t wide!!
    Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.
    Our daughter, Catherine, is very friendly with Linda Ratti, and I was able to meet the whole family last Nov when I was in Inverness. Loved being with them. I was trying to get them over here, but I don't think Deb was keen on the ferry journey (can't say I blame her!).
    Hope all goes well with hubbie's end-of-term.
    Love, Anne x

    ReplyDelete