Well, we've been out of town again. . . I know, what a surprise! :-p It was just for a couple of days this time. On Monday David traveled by bus to Inverness for his monthly seminary courses. Usually I would go with him, but this month I had the opportunity to visit my friend Angela and her three kids in Dunfermline, whom I've not seen since just after I moved here in September. Angela's husband James is one of the other seminary students and was also in Inverness for classes. So on Monday I had a short bus ride (an hour and fifteen minutes instead of four hours) and enjoyed a really fun visit with Angela and co. :-) Angela just had her third child, Elizabeth Anne, in November. So glad they were willing to have me come hang out!
Yesterday (Wednesday) I was very proud of myself for finding my bus home to Glasgow, finding my way from the bus station to the train station after I reached Glasgow, and catching the right train home -- all on my own! David got home from Inverness an hour or two after me.
We got home in the midst of a lovely heavy snowfall. We got an inch or two of snow here within a few hours but it is melting pretty quickly today (even though there is no sunshine).
Now, back to the busy-ness. . . David just completed two exams (systematics and OT) and submitted a paper, but now he has to really work on his three dissertations (a requirement for final-year students), drafts of which have to be completed by the next class period. He also has some preaching engagements in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to be kept busy with teaching Sabbath school and helping with the children's club, as well as my usual work around the house.
I've ordered myself a new slow cooker!! After a lot of research, we decided to use the John Lewis gift cards we were given for our wedding to purchase a slow cooker, which I really need for hospitality and especially preparing meals for the Lord's Day. I prefer to do my food preparation on Saturday to enable the Lord's Day to be a day of rest, and I haven't been able to do that since I moved here - I've had to cook dinner after getting home from morning worship. So - those of you who very kindly and thoughtfully purchased John Lewis gift vouchers for us -- thank you!! This will be such a blessing for me and I will be able to feed a crowd with my new 5-liter slow cooker. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment