Friday, 1 January 2010

Happy New Year! :)

Right, so I haven't updated for a couple of weeks.  Honestly, there hasn't been much thrilling news to report of late... life's just been quiet, and normal.

The most thrilling thing is that when I posted last, it had begun snowing and hadn't stopped.  That snow is STILL on the ground here!  It snowed off and on for a week, with some ice and rain and such loveliness mixed in, yet we've still not lost the original 3" layer of snow in the back garden.  The weather has been quite bitterly cold at times, with a few days where it got above freezing -- which had the result of melting things on the pavements (sidewalks) and the roads, only to re-freeze them into treacherous sheets of ice overnight.  That's been happening repeatedly over the past week, too.  The pavements are the messiest things in Glasgow -- though you do have to be careful on the roads in some areas (but they are mostly clear).  That's the not-thrilling thing: having to walk to do my shopping on pavements that are so slippery I'm terrified of a fall.  But such is life! 

So things have been pretty quiet.  David traveled briefly up to Snizort for two nights away while I stayed with a friend, and then he came back, and we've been home since.  Done a little bit of entertaining -- having friends over for dinner, and such. . . and had a delicious curry with Parthee last week. . . and enjoyed a festive New Year's Eve with good friends last night.  Lots of yummy nibbles, and good laughs and stories, and psalm singing, and a Bible trivia game which was very competive (the couples all split up so it was husbands against wives!). 

My back has been bothering me quite a bit of late and I've been trying to find ways to relieve the pain.  I purchased a body pillow which is hopefully helping me sleep in a better position, and borrowed a hot water bottle, too.

My parents very kindly shipped me a birthday package, which was exciting!!  They thoughtfully bought me some lovely maternity clothes which have expanded my wardrobe wonderfully with nice warm tops and maternity outfits.  Yay!

Well, we have folks coming over for a cuppa tea after dinner tonight, and I have a pile of dishes to work through before they get here, so this is just a wee catch-up on the blog!

1 comment: