Wednesday, 2 December 2009

exciting news! :-)

*drum roll please!*

As most of you who read my blog probably already know, from reading my Facebook status, David and I are expecting our first child.  I am due at the end of June, Lord willing!!  This is very exciting for us, as you can probably guess. . .  :-D  We have known for a couple of months now, but were waiting to make it public until I was a bit further along.

Thankfully I have been blessed with a very dear friend, Shael, who has been an encouragement and a support to me in so many ways.  She has 6 children of her own and is very familiar with the NHS and local midwife services.  The Lord has been so good to me in so many ways!

So far, I have had no morning sickness and I do not take that for granted!!  My stomach is quite unsettled and uncomfortable at times, and it can be a challenge to find something that sounds good to eat, but so far that has been the extent of my morning sickness drama.  I posted previously about a bizarre food craving (tuna) which the Lord was gracious and answered in an amazing way!  :-)

On the other hand, I have really been struggling with very low energy levels and a LOT of major back pain.  The exhaustion  has made it nearly impossible for me to keep up with the housework, which has been a source of major discouragement for me in the past few weeks (especially when I walk into my kitchen and see the mountain of dirty dishes).  But David is very helpful and supportive, and is always encouraging me to rest a lot, and to take things slowly and in small chunks, so that I can get things done bit by bit without wearing myself out.

The Lord is good to us and we are praying for His continued protection and blessing throughout this pregnancy.  :-)

2 comments: