Apologies for the unintentional blogging hiatus, folks! This is an abbreviated update to say, briefly:
1) On the 9th of November, Elijah and I flew together from Glasgow to Charlotte, NC via London Heathrow and Miami. We were delayed for 7 hours in Heathrow which made our total day of travel last 24+ hrs. It was a journey worthy of its own post... and that's part of the reason I never got around to posting anything else, was because I was trying to put the finishing touches on a post about traveling internationally, without your husband, at 7.5 months pregnant, with a 16-month-old.
2) Elijah and I stayed with my parents for the remainder of November. It was wonderful. I had so much help with Elijah from my parents and siblings, and Elijah had the opportunity to properly get to know his grandparents and uncles and aunt!
3) We missed David, who remained in the UK for two weeks beyond the date that Elijah and I left. Thankfully, Skype is wonderful and Elijah is now old enough to interact with his daddy on webcam! But "single parenting" even for a short two weeks is very wearing. We were very happy when David was reunited with us on the 23rd of November (in time for my birthday dinner and cake!).
4) We celebrated Thanksgiving with my folks and the whole family was able to be together, which is a big deal now that we're all starting to scatter far and wide.
5) David, Elijah and I spent the weekend of 26th-27th November in Atlanta, GA visiting the FCC congregation there. It was a lovely visit and we were so thankful for the opportunity. Drove back to Charlotte on Monday.
6) David, Elijah and I spent the night of 30th November in Greenville, SC where we visited the FCC congregation there on the Wednesday night, and visited Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary (from whence David has his M.Div) on the Thursday morning, before driving back to Charlotte that day.
7) We said goodbye to my parents and started heading north on Saturday the 3rd of December, breaking up our journey on the way by visiting friends outside of D.C. for the weekend. We had the opportunity to speak at Sterling OPC on Sunday, Dec. 4th before driving the rest of the way to Philly on the Monday.
8) On Monday, 5th of December, we reached the outskirts of Philly, where we are staying with David's sister Sarah and her family. It was so nice to know that after traveling virtually non-stop since the 17th of October, we will finally be staying in one place for a while! We will remain here until the 25th of January when we fly back to Scotland, D.V. It's a good thing we settled down when we did, because....
Our daughter, Ketzia Anne Lachman, was born here yesterday (the Lord's Day) 18th of December, 2011!! Weighing 8lbs 10oz, measuring 20 inches long...
So, that brings you, however briefly, up to date with the events of the past month. There are photos of Ketzia on Facebook for anyone whose interested, but I also hope to update this blog with her birth story and photos soon! :)
Monday, 19 December 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats! Looking forward to some pictures of your new little one. M
ReplyDeleteWell done Katie! I'm so proud of how magnificently you give birth :) xx
ReplyDelete