Yesterday David officially completed his theological studies at the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) Seminary in Inverness! We went up to Inverness to attend the closing lecture where David was presented with his certificate. It was a crazy day trip - we left Glasgow around 11am for the 4-hour car trip north, spent the evening with friends (David had a special dinner with the other students and I enjoyed visiting with Debora and her girls), attended the evening lecture, and then left Inverness around 9:30pm for the 4-hour drive home!
I am really thankful that I had the energy and strength to go along to see David reach the completion of two years of hard work. . . I decided that if I woke up on Friday morning with no twinges of impending labor and felt up to the trip, that I would go - and the Lord was gracious. I got LOTS of comments from people, mainly of two varieties: "Wow, you're brave!" and "You're crazy, what are you doing here?!" Dear helpful people, I think I know my body well enough to recognize the warning signs of labor. . . and I certainly wouldn't have gone if there was any likelihood that anything was about to happen!
A shot of the students after the lecture. From left to right: Parthee, David, Raymond (the other graduating student), James, Davide, Joachim, Alasdair, and Matthew. Seated is Rev. Iain Murray who gave the closing lecture.
Another photo, of students and lecturers, taken outside in the blinding glare! From left to right: Parthee, Mr. Roberts, Alasdair, Mr. Woods, James, Mr. Beers, Joachim, Mr. Keddie, Matthew, Mr. Macleod, Raymond, David, and Davide.
So now there is much excitement and much uncertainty ahead. . . I say uncertainty, but we know with certainty Who is in control, and He knows what is to come! David has his presbytery exam on Monday, immediately following which (assuming he passes, D.V.) he will be licensed. Then he is eligible for a call. . . and only the Lord knows what is next for us!


Wonderful to reach this milestone. Will be praying for guidance for you, and for you both to have peace about where God will have you.
ReplyDeleteEvery blessing, Anne x