Well, I've had an interesting couple of weeks. I have been waiting to update my blog until I was feeling better, because I don't like to update when I have nothing to talk about but how BLAH I feel! Today is a better day. . . so here's a brief catch-up.
We had a full week of company from April 2nd-9th, and ended that fun but tiring week by hosting the students (who were here in Glasgow for a week of outreach and evangelism) over for lunch on the Friday. That went well. . . and the men's week of outreach went well, too, with several contacts made. There were 8 visitors in the Knightswood congregation as a result.
On the Saturday I went on an outing with the other Sunday School teachers from our congregation. We took the children who attend Sunday School to the David Livingstone Centre in Blantyre. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves (though I'm not sure how much they learned from the exhibits). For me, it was a fun day because although I've known about David Livingstone since I was a child, I had never realized that he was from the Glasgow area!
The next week David and I took another brief trip to Inverness, where he had classes on the Tuesday and Wednesday. Thankfully the travel was made easier for me because we were able to get a lift in a car both ways instead of taking the bus. I had the opportunity to get together with some of the other wives on the Tuesday and we went to the Floral Hall, a lovely conservatory in Inverness. Enjoyed a walk in the fresh outdoors and a wee lunch in the cafe. . . time to fellowship. . . and a fun curry night at the Woods'!
Since getting home I've been in recovery mode, but things have still been so busy that I've had a few days when I just couldn't cope physically. My body is showing signs of advanced pregnancy, alas. I am trying to focus on getting through one day at a time and rest as much as possible, because I can't do much else! My stamina has gone completely downhill. And the baby has been moving constantly - so constantly that it has literally been making me feel ill (motion sickness from my stomach churning for hours on end!). The other day I told David, "If I could tranquilize this baby. . . ."
I'm encouraged by this lovely spring weather! We are currently seeing 14+ hours of daylight here and every day is growing even longer. The beautiful blue skies and sunshine help me stay cheerful. Hubby and I took a lovely walk around our neighborhood today. Here's some photos of the spring growth in our garden:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment