Tuesday, 30 March 2010

officially tired of being pregnant!

I'm afraid I've reached a point in this pregnancy where I am ready to be finished, rather than just floating along each day as it comes.  I told David last night, "I am officially tired of being pregnant."  Oh dear!  This transition into the third trimester seems to be taking its toll on me, as I have been experiencing an increase in back pain, pain and swelling in my legs, pain in my joints, great difficulty sleeping at night, a lot of uncomfortable movement from the baby, and so on.  I have an upcoming appointment with the physiotherapist, and we will see if there is anything more she can do to help provide relief.  Also I am grateful for the opportunity to have a massage tomorrow from a friend's sister who is a masseuse.

The bus fares in Glasgow skyrocketed this week. . . *sigh*  How did I find this out?  Well, I found out when I caught my usual bus on Monday to go to Children's Club.  I put in my 3.50 for a day ticket and the driver told me, "The fare's 3.75 now!"  I was shocked. . . and I didn't have any more coins with me to pay the new fare!  Thankfully the driver was very kind and gave me the ticket anyway!

Looking forward to a busy end of the week. . . we have guests coming to visit and I have much to do to prepare!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sorry to hear you're having a hard time, I found the third tremester by far the hardest, so uncomfortable and painful... but the countdown begins!
    Hope you enjoyed the massage, now that is a treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't want to make you feel worse, but....I LOVED the last few months. And the middle few months. Everything but the first 3. And understand this: I am 5 foot. Five foot zero! And I was about 5 foot out the way too. That meant I was really square and didn't see my toes for months! I know we have to be content, and I am, but I can't but be a teeny-weeny (well a HUGE) bit jealous !

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at really square!! I know what that is like though, I have a bump photo at 39 weeks, minus my face, and I showed to to a friend who didn't know it was me, and she was going wooooow what a huuuuuuggge maassssive bump!! Errr yes, I know, it was me!! But I did have 9lb6oz babies. So don't know was I more square, or hot air balloon!! Not that this is going to put you off at all Katie!!

    ReplyDelete